Projekter pr. år
Jørgen Eskemose Andersen, 1949
Associate Professor, Head of Department, Architect and Planner
1974: Bachelor in Construction and Management, Copenhagen Polytechnic. 1983: Master in Town Planning, Institute of Town and Landscape Planning, Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture.
English & Portuguese: Excellent.
Key qualifications, teaching and research experience
- Urban and Regional Planning, Land Management, Urban Development and Community Participation, Design and Implementation of Training and CapacityBuilding programmes.
- Teaching and Research
- Project Manager on Assistance to Physical Planning, Zambezi, Mozambique (1987/89) Training of Urban and Regional Planners and Architects.
- Head of Design and Construction Department,Copenhagen Polytechnic (1990/94)
- Designing a course for Land Surveying Technicians, Copenhagen Polytechnic (1994)
- Planning courses for Danish and Overseas Students at the School of Architecture (1994/06)
- Centre Manager: DUCED (Danish University Consortium for Environment and Development) comprising 5 Danish and 14 universities in Southern Africa and South East Asia (1997/2001). Curriculum development and research capacity building.
- Project Manager: Urban Environmental Management and Planning Project in 5 Cities in Northern Mozambique (2002/05) NIRAS Consultants (Danida)
- Chief Technical Advisor: Sustainable Urban Development in Informal Settlements. NGO project in Maputo, Mozambique(2007/08). Training CBO’s and NGO’s in participatory planning approaches.
- Research Project Manager: Home Space; Meanings and perceptions of the built environment in the peri-urban areas of Maputo, Mozambique (2009/12). Multidisciplinary research comprising 5 institutions in 4 countries. Danish Research Council (FKK)
- Key words on expertise: Low Cost Housing, Site & Service Schemes, Resettlement Planning and Management, Urban Environmental Planning and Management, Upgrading and Regularisation of Informal Settlements, Land Use Planning, Infrastructure planning and implementation, Land Management and Land Tenure systems.
1994-2012: The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture, Department of Human Settlements. Head of Department
- Training Programme in low in-come housing for 15 Schools of Architecture in Central America (El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras, Panama and Costa Rica). Danida.
- Master Programme for Tanzanian students on scholarships in Denmark. Danida.
- Research and Field studies in Costa Rica, Tanzania, Ghana, South Africa and Mozambique with Danish Master Students.
- Research on the performance of the Sustainable Cities Programme. Tanzania, ARDHIUniversity. Danida.
- Centre Manager. University Consortium Environment and development (DUCED). 5 Universities in Denmark and 14 in Southern Africa and South-East Asia.
- Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) on the Environment Programme in MozambiqueSupport to Urban Environmental Management in Five Municipalities.14 months 2002-06. Danida.
- CTA on NGO project in Mozambique 2007-08 (leave of absence from the School of Architecture).
- Research Manager 2009-2012, Home SpaceMozambique.
1990-1994: Copenhagen Polytechnic. Head of Construction and Design Department
1987-1989: Assistance to Physical Planning in Zambezia, Mozambique. Project Manager: Training and capacity building. Land Management/land-use planning. Refugee Settlement Planning/Implementation. (WUS), Danida.
1983-1987: Mozambique. Maputo City Council, Urbanisation and Construction Department. Head of Department: Planning and implementation of Site and Service Schemes. Self-help Housing. Water and Sanitation. Urban planning at city, district and neighbourhood level. Land Management, Surveying, Concession and Registry. Implementation of Resettlement Schemes due to floods and civil war.
1979-1983: School of Architecture, Institute of Town and Landscape Planning
Research in Lusaka on Land Management, Land Use Planning and Housing. Master Thesis: Urban Planning in Zambia - the case of Lusaka. The myth of the garden City.
1976-1979: Hvidovre Municipality, Greater Copenhagen, Urban Planning Department
Upgrading and Regularisation of an allotment garden community. Provision of Infrastructure Services.
1975-1976: Lorenz Associates; Architects, Lusaka, Zambia: Secondary Schools & Health Care Centres
1974-1975: Nicolaisen &Braarup, Architects, Copenhagen: AalborgUniversity Competition Awarded.
Selected Consultancy assignments
- Appraisal of the Regionalisation of the UNCHS Community Development Programme in South and Eastern Africa. Missions to South Africa, Namibia, Kenya and Eritrea. Team Leader. 1994.
- Coastal Zone Management, Mozambique, Appraisal Mission. 1996. Danida
- Low Cost Housing, Bolivia - Mid-Term Review of NGO housing programme, Danida. 1999.
- Sustainable Energy, Sofala, Mozambique - Mid-Term Review OVE, Danish NGO, Team Leader. 2007
Selected relevant activities
- Member of Research Network for Environment and Development, DDRN 2002-
- Hosting a seminar on Refugee Settlement Planning 2006
- Establishing collaboration programmes with 5 Universities in Sub-Saharan Africa 2009
- Course on Architecture & Planning for Humanitarian Disaster, Risk Management and Mitigation Measures. School of Architecture 2009-10
- Course for Master students on Architecture in the Informal City: Maxaquene, Maputo, Mozambique
- Guest lecturer: Nordic Africa Institute (NAI), Aalborg University (AAU), Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Danish Engineers Association (IDA), International Health, Copenhagen University and Trondheim University, Norway
- WHO, Kobe Centre Japan. Health Governance Research conference on Health in Slums and the role of Urban Planning and Urban Environmental Management 2011
External Examiner and referee for international journals
- Eduardo Mondlane University , Mozambique, Faculty of Planning and Architecture 2011-
- ARDHI University, Tanzania, Department of Urban and Regional Planning, 1995-1998
- Technical University of Denmark (DTU), 1998-2002
- Aalborg University, Department of Planning (AUC) 2002
- Copenhagen Technical Academy (KEA), 2009
- CopenhagenUniversity, Faculty of Life Sciences, Landscape Architecture 2011-
- Elsevier, 2011, Cities: The international Journal of Urban Policy and Planning
- Wiley-Blackwell, Human Geography 2011
Membership of Professional Associations:
Architects’ Association in Denmark (MAA)
Danish International Human Settlement Service (DIB)
The Association of DanishTown Planners (FAB)
Danish Development Research Network (DDRN)
Danish Organisation for Sustainable Energy (OVE International)
European Cooperation in Scientific and Technical Research (COST)
Andersen, J.E. et.al. (1976). Regulerings- og Udredningsplan, Baunebakken, Hvidovre Municipality. (Upgrading of an allotment garden community)
Andersen, J.E. and Karsten Thøgersen (1983). Urban Planning in Zambia - the case of Lusaka. The myth of the Garden City.RoyalDanishAcademy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture.
Andersen, J.E. (1996). By- og Boligudvikling i Sydafrika samt Towards an Urban World. Den Ny Verden No. 1
Andersen, J.E. (ed.) (1998). Bymiljø og Byplanlægning i Cape Town. School of Architecture.
Andersen, J.E.(1998). Byerne i den 3 Verden. Interplan Publication.
Andersen, J.E., Malele, B. and Nnkya, T. (2001). Ibunguli and Isamilo, two neighbourhoods under transformation. Research Working Paper. School of Architecture. ENRECA, Danida.
Andersen, J.E., Mullins, M. (2001). HIV/AIDS Sheltered Housing in South Africa.University of Ljublana.
Andersen, J.E. et. al. (2002). Development and Housing: Where do poor people settle in Kumasi, Ghana? Fields of Urban Research.School of Architecture.
Andersen, J.E., Andreasen, J. (2003). Mpasatia: Tales on Architecture and Planning. School of Architecture Publishers.
Andersen, J.E. (2004). Participation, Housing and Land Use Planning in a post socialist society – cases from Mozambique. Debating Participation. Actors shaping Sustainable Urban Development.School of Architecture Publishers.
Andersen, J.E., Andreasen J. and Tipple, G. (2006). The demise of compound houses. Consequences for the low income population in Kumasi, Ghana. Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS, UK). Volume 6, Number 8.
Andersen, J.E., Jeppesen, S. (2006). Urban Environmental Management: Environmental Health, Planning and Pollution Management. A review 2006. ReNED, Research Network for Environment and Development, Danida.
Andersen, J.E. (2006). Urban Transformations in Aboabo, Kumasi. Studies and Research. School of ArchitecturePublishers. Denmark.
Andersen, J.E., Bonde, J. et. al. (2007). Suame Magazine - Et landskab i Metal, Byplan 2. 2007.
Andersen, J.E. et. al. (2007).Feltarbejde i Afrika – forskningsrelaterede studier i Mali og Ghana (Field work in Mali and Ghana) Arkitekten No 1. Denmark.
Andersen, J.E.(2007). Estudo de Base da Situação de Casas. Base line study, Mozambique. Livaningo
Andersen, J.E (2008). Bæredygtig Byudvikling (Sustainable Urban Development) i Vedvarende Energi og Miljo nr 2.
Andersen, J.E(2009). Understanding Home Space in the African City.Pretoria University, South Africa.
Andersen, J.E(2010). Mahotas – et boligområde i Maputo under transformation. Byplan 3. Denmark.
Andersen, J.E(ed) (2010). Exploring the Informal City. Maxaquene-Maputo-Mozambique. School of Architecture Publishers. Denmark.
Andersen, J.E., Andreasen J. and Daniel Inkoom (2011). Land and revenue in a “traditional town” in Ghana: the case of the Nkwanta sub-division in Mpasatia.Environment and Urbanisation.
Andersen, J.E(2011). Urban Planning and Health. World Health Organisation (WHO), Japan
Lobos, j, Gomez-Guillamon, M and Andersen, J (2011) Humanitarian Emergencies. RoyalDanishAcademy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture Publication.
Andersen, J.E., Jenkins P. (2011). Developing Cities between the Formal and the Informal. Nordic African Institute.
Andersen, J.E., Jenkins P. (2011).Urban Development in Maputo: Strategic Action Planning. London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Cities Conference Hong Kong.
Andersen, J.E., Jenkins P. (2012). Challenging the concept of ‘informal’ in Sub-Saharan African Cities The case of Maxaquene, Maputo, Mozambique. Cities in Transformation. EAAE-ARCC Conference, Milan.
- Byudvikling i Ulande
- uformel arkitektur
- folkelig arkitektur
- Historie og kultur
- Arkitektur uden arkitekter
- Informal Urbanisation in the Global South
- Slum upgrading in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Research by Design in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Densification in Sub-Saharan African cities
- Land rights in slums in Sub-Saharan African cities
Emergency Shelters, Research in Design of Emergency Shelters with an interdisciplinary approach focusing on sustainability, technology and planning
01/06/2012 → 30/09/2013
Projekter: Projekt › Forskning
Eskemose Andersen, J. & Mogo, E., 2019, Designing for Health & Wellbeing, Home, City, Society. Jones, M. (red.). Vernon Publications, s. 63-84 22 s.
Publikation: Bidrag til bog/antologi/rapport › Bidrag til bog/antologi › Forskning
Mottelson, J. & Eskemose Andersen, J., 2018, 97 s.
Publikation: Bog / Antologi / Afhandling / Rapport › Bog › Forskning
Eskemose Andersen, J., Jenkins, P. & Nielsen, M., 2015, I: International Development Planning Review. 37, 4, s. 423-443 21 s.
Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskrift › Tidsskriftartikel › peer review
Eskemose Andersen, J., Jenkins, P. & Nielsen, M., 2015, I: International Development Planning Review. 37, 3, s. 329-350 22 s.
Publikation: Bidrag til tidsskrift › Tidsskriftartikel › peer review
Jørgen Eskemose Andersen (Deltager)5 sep. 2013
Aktivitet: Deltagelse i eller arrangement af en begivenhed › Organisation af og deltagelse i konference
Jørgen Eskemose Andersen (Foredragsholder)1 okt. 2012
Aktivitet: Tale eller præsentation › Foredrag og mundtlige bidragFil